Fall of 2008 and winter of 2009 my wife and I took the intervener class so we could gain a greater understanding of our Daughters Disabilities
CLICK HERE FOR MORE INFO
An intervener is defined as a person who:
• Works consistently one-on-one with a student who is deafblind.
• Who has training and specialized skills related to deaf- blindness. The role of the intervener:
• Develop and maintain a trusting, interactive relationship that can promote social and emotional well-being.
• Facilitate access to the environmental information usually gained through vision and hearing, but which is unavailable or incomplete to the individual who is deafblind.
• Facilitate the development and/or use of receptive and expressive communication skills by the individual who is deafblind.